Friday, January 23, 2009

Climbing Slowly

So I think that this professional help thing may work. Yeah, it's definitely not going to be easy, and it's going to take a while. But big holes are hard to climb out of. Last time I think I climbed out of the hole a little too quickly and I think it's kinda like when deep sea divers come up out of the ocean too quickly and something happens in their brains.

This time I'm coming up slowly. VERY FUCKING SLOWLY! Enough of this shit already. I want to be able to not get paralyzed with fear when a relationship that by all intents and purposes could've been fucknig wonderful comes along. Why can't I stop myself from overthinking and overanalyzing every damn thing that happens?

Well, we're starting to get past the preliminaries in therapy and getting to the shit that keeps fucking me up. She wants me to practice saying a self affirming mantra everyday and meditating 3 times a day for 10 seconds at a time. Like I said, we're starting off slowly.

At this point I will try anything. I'm trying to level the playing field in my head to get the underdog to come out on top, to stop always thinking the worst case scenario and then in an effort to learn how to express my feelings I think it's a good fucking idea to express the feelings in my head which are totally and completely unfounded and just make me seem neurotic and insane.

And on Monday I hit the big 3-0. That's right, 30. I thought I was okay with it. I think I'm okay with it. It's just weird. I mean, I knew this day was coming, but it always seemed so far away. And here I am staring it in the face, wondering how the fuck I got into this hole I'm in, and thankful it didn't take me 'til I was 40 to figure out I was even in a hole.

School started this past Monday. Failed my p chem test so I gotta take p chem 2 and get a B or better. At least I was only taking one class so now I'm taking 2, instrumental analysis and p chem 2. This will at least keep my mind occupied.

Stupid people snuggling in this movie. I want some snuggling. I want some comfort. Damn and a sex scene. I want some of that too. Except I think I figured out my problem. I have one-nighters with girls that I'm not attracted to in an effort to keep myself attached to kc just in case. I gotta let go of the just in case. Which means no more one-nighters. At least with girls I'm not attracted to. I was at least attracted to rc, but not so much sm or jj.

But I think that I need to be friends first. That seems to work out better for me. I get a chance to relax and be myself and not who I think I should be and it seems to set up a better foundation for an actual relationship. So I'm just gonna meet people and make friends. And go through a lot of batteries. I'm going to be out of the hole before I start walking along that path again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Things will get better. Look at what you have already been through. Strength going forward.